Saturday, December 17, 2011

Tights!! You can stop hating them now.....

I've seriously never been able to find tights (or pantyhose) that actually fit well & comfortably.
I buy the absolute largest size I can find & struggle to get them over my knees. If I do manage to get them on, I am yanking them up constantly as they ever-so-slowly slide down my legs & bunch at my ankles. LOL

No more!!!! I have finally found several different sites with REAL plus-size tights.  I am convinced that all other plus sized tights are for girls 80lbs soaking wet & they just slap a "plus-size" label on it, because they assume all fat girls have toothpick legs or something.

So, the first amazing place to buy your new, fabulous tights is WE LOVE COLORS:

Style #1008
http://www.welovecolors.com/shop/PlusSizeNylonLycraTights.htm


Style #1202
http://www.welovecolors.com/shop/PlusSizeBlackStripedTights.htm


Style #1204
http://www.welovecolors.com/shop/PlusSizeWhiteStripedTights.htm

Style #1008 are solid color tights, in over 50 different colors (they do have a few weird multicolored tie-dyed patterns, too)! I bought size EE to be on the safe side. Especially since I've had such horrendous experience with tights in the past. (Again, I'm 14/16 in jeans & 5'7") These tights are huge!!!! But a good, comfortable, happy huge! LOL They are super stretchy, silky, soft & ohhh sooo cozy! They are nice & clingy, but still have loads of stretch. Perfect fit.

The striped tights (over 50 colors, too, i believe) come in "One Size" but the two style #'s listed above are extremely stretchy & fit really well. There's no yanking & tugging & hoping to get your ass squeezed into them. They just pull right on. Maybe if you're a LOT larger than a 16 on the bottom half, you may have more trouble, and I'd suggest trying the #1008 style instead.

**********

Avenue also sells some really nice tights that actually fit well.

Their microfiber tights in size EE fit me amazingly well. Again, they are very stretchy (not as stretchy as We Love Colors, though), extremely silky & smooth, and so soft!
http://www.avenue.com/clothing/Solid-Microfiber-Tights.aspx?PfId=247705&DeptId=19988&ProductTypeId=1

I would also recommend any of their net tights, such as these (i have size EE):
http://www.avenue.com/clothing/Small-Diamond-Net-Tights.aspx?PfId=250810&DeptId=19988&ProductTypeId=1

Like fish net, only different weaves, this sort of knit is very stretchy & flexible.

I just ordered these (size E, didn't have any larger, but I think they will fit fine) & am waiting for them to get here:
http://www.avenue.com/clothing/Open-Circle-Tights.aspx?PfId=247698&DeptId=19988&ProductTypeId=1

**********

How about thigh highs?? 

I purchased some from Stockings Only many months ago.
I completely avoid those "stay-up" style thigh highs. They either just roll down to my ankles or give me horrifically scary muffin-top thighs LMAO Instead, go with the non-binding tops & a garter belt.
I still had to buy the size 5x or 6x, and they fit my legs really well. But, I don't wear them ever. Way too self-conscious of my legs. I'm sure my boyfriend would LOVE them, but I haven't gotten up the courage to strut around in them. LOL

http://www.stockingsonly.com/ascantyplus.htm

**********

Or maybe you want to get a lovely crotchless body stocking? ;) You can wear these under skirts & dresses (with panties over them, if you like!) and they can make your day/evening a little more fun, as well!

My favorite is the fish net one from Hips & Curves:
http://www.hipsandcurves.com/plus-size-lingerie/p-309-plus-size-criss-cross-fishnet-bodystocking-hosiery.aspx
I think they only have Queen size, but I have a few of them & they are really stretchy & for the most part, fit great. The open crotch takes some getting used to, as the opening can sit a little funny, so you have to adjust the whole body stocking to get things positioned right. ;) And the knit loosens up after wearing for a while too, so you sometimes have to readjust everything.

I have tried some of their lacy looking body stockings & they are horrible. I guess if you have really great, sleek muscular thighs, and just more weight in your upper half, they would work better on you. But I seriously cannot squeeze my thighs into them. They have zero stretch, so you need a perfect fit for your legs. There's no flexibility or give. And if you do squeeze them on, they just look really tight & not attractive whatsoever. LOL

If you know of any other plus-size tights or hosiery that fit you really well, please let me know!

No comments: